To facilitate advanced technologies of ICT as a main accelerator of development of Mongolia in the 21st century and to develop knowledge based information society.
- To create favorable environment for ICT development by optimizing legal framework and structure of the sector.
- To expand national broadband network and infrastructure of ICT which ensure increasing needs and demands of universal ICT services with government support and private partnership.
- To increase the type, accessibility and quality of the ICT services based on advanced technologies.
- To create integrated Innovation and R&D system in Mongolia by accelerating ICT R&D activities and undertaking measures to establish science and technology parks.
- To increase competitiveness in global markets by developing ICT product industry, promoting national digital content and software development, and introducing ICT to industrial process monitoring and control.
- To support PPP based investments in the building of pilot factory to produce final products and installing high cost and efficient equipment;
- To protect information security by ensuring national interests and safety, accuracy, authenticity and accessibility of information of state, citizens and organizations;
- To develop e-governance by increasing productivity and efficiency of public organizations, enhancing democratic, open, non-bureaucratic, transparent and accountable status of governance, supporting innovation and improving e-government development.